Monday, August 26, 2013

Yngol Barrow

Dear Kiya,

I am unaware of this vampire threat across Skyrim. In all of my travels after the Helgen incident, I have yet to encounter one. Your illuminations depicting a vampire and its death hound will help me recognize them when I see them. They certainly are a threat if they just go around killing people like they were nothing. It would do us good if we join this Dawnguard you are speaking of. (And thank the gods the goat was there to help you.) 

I would be very much grateful if we can meet in your house in Whiterun to discuss things. I have not been to Whiterun for fear of the Imperials there might recognize my face, although I've heard the Jarl there is quite neutral in this war. Strangely enough, I am starting to miss your company too, so ale and some food might be a nice change of pace from the harsh lands we live in.

I will be available in a matter of days. Please give me some time to fix my wares; my bag is full of ingredients right now, as I have been focused on studying alchemy these days. I do not want them all to spill on your floors. 

I recently came across this Nordic tomb near Windhelm. I was immediately caught off guard by this shining sphere of light. I thought it was going to attack me, but all it did was follow me everywhere I go. I kept on going inside the tomb. 

Glowing sphere, anyone?
One by one, as I got deeper into the dungeon, spheres of light kept following me. I took an illumination of four of them while I was walking inside the tomb. I think you'll find them pretty, if you were there.

Pretty spheres.
I did not know what they were; they did not make any kind of noise or heat, and did not radiate of any kind of magic (that I know of, at the very least). Little did I know what they were leading me to.

These spheres are creeping me out.
When I got to the last room inside the tomb, the spheres of light surrounding me immediately rushed in front of me where a corpse was sitting on its throne. It immediately came to life, a familiar aura enveloping it. It was a spectral draugr, or more accurately, the one called Yngol's Shade. I have heard that Yngol was the son of Ysgramor of the Companions, one whose death angered his father so. He was buried near the place where Ysgramor would build the city of Windhelm, overlooking the place where he had died. 

I had to kill his shade, unfortunately, for it was threatening to kill me. I did so with much difficulty, as he was using this form of language I do not understand which enabled him to disarm me. Lo and behold, I got his helm from his skeleton, may the Gods forgive me, but I think I am worthy enough to wield it.

It looks as fearsome as it is useful.
I had a guard take an illumination of me in the moonlight.
That is it for Yngol crypt. If you ever come across spheres of light, be wary. They might not be as harmless as they look.

Regards,
Kousei.

No comments:

Post a Comment