Saturday, August 24, 2013

Breezehome and the Bloodthirsty

Dear Kousei,

I'm just as glad that I managed to make it out of Sanguine's mischievous antics alive. Your warning about the Daedra are noted, but I can't promise you I won't try to find out more about them. Adventuring is in our blood, after all.

I'm quite proud of you for having gone quite a long way on your alchemy! I, for one, have yet to to progress much beyond eating ingredients just to find out what they'll do to me. That's quite a shame about the White Phial artifact, though. As you mentioned, obtaining it was no walk in the park (and I see that you wielded the Ghostblade for a time). I do hope that that won't be the last you'll see of the Phial, too. If it could be fixed, it would be better off with a practicing alchemist like you instead of simply moldering away as some store display.

On the brighter side, I bring some good news. I have acquired enough gold to buy Breezehome in Whiterun! 

At last! Extra storage space!

As expected, my first visit to my new home revealed a house that's badly overdue for redecorating. But I had what I needed: a secure chest to store excess items so they won't take up precious carry weight.  

This will change soon.

There's more serious news on this letter, though. I was in Falkreath one night when we encountered a curious enemy on the streets. He had a malevolent aura about him that's different from any common bandit, and to make things worse, he had a pair of Death Hounds with him. I could hardly believe it at first -- this man was a Vampire! I found out later that he had taken out a pair of Falkreath guards before he started attacking us, and he would have killed more citizens if we hadn't dealt with him.

One of the Falkreath guards had an illumination machine on him.

Oh, and I remember you telling me in one of your previous letters that you often run into women who want to kill you while exploring caves. Well, if women in subterranean systems seem have a thing for sending you to the Otherworld, it appears goats have a thing for me. We had help from an unexpected source in slaying the Master Vampire's Death Hounds, as you can see in the illumination below. I swear, I've thoroughly disinfected myself and my robes in Lake Ilinalta to fully purge the scent of Gleda the Goat's feed.

Never underestimate the power of those horns.

But back to this eminent threat of Vampires, have you heard news of the Dawnguard? Guards are often talking about those Vampire-slayers these days, and I wonder if you're as interested in joining as I. We can meet in my house in Whiterun if you like, so we can discuss this and maybe have a tankard of ale or two. I promise it won't be as dreary as the illumination I've included in this letter. I am not so lonely in my travels because of the constant company of my Housecarl (and a canine follower I've just acquired recently), but our friendship is different.

You're not the only one with animal backup, Master Vampire.

I know we've only shared a meal once (and that we had a prior misunderstanding over an illumination, to boot), but I hope you won't think it strange that I find myself missing your company.

Hoping for your swift reply,
Kiya

P.S.
Don't worry, I've been keeping my fists to myself recently. I figured I had to improve my Destruction magic sooner or later, so I've taken to utilizing spells if my bow is not needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment