Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The White Phial

Dear Kiya,

I am relieved to find out that you made it out alive after dealing with Sanguine. He is mischievous, and we don't know what he might do to whoever he is toying with. Be careful with the Daedra--not all of them are to be taken as lightly. Some of them might want you to kill someone for their glory and dark works. It's a good thing he was amused at everything you went through (most of which aren't really of the laughing matter; Nobody would laugh if they were to go near a giant!) and gave you the Sanguine Rose, which will definitely help you in your journey. I hope the Dremora you summon won't turn on you.

I think you may be right in thinking that I have a knack for brewing potions and finding ingredients for them. Nowadays I try to gather plants and animal parts to make potions and poisons for use in my journey. You never know when you need them. Whenever I stop by the towns, I buy some hard-to-find ingredients in the stores. Recently, I am spending more time in the Eastmarch, and I came across the While Phial, a store in the capital of the hold. I immediately deduced that the owner of the store, Nurelion, was dying, as he looked very pale. He can still walk and talk, and he told me that he had a lifelong dream of finding this lost artifact, the one he dedicated his life to (even naming his store after). I was moved by his story (not by his attitude), so I was determined to find this White Phial for him. I set on my journey.

He sent me to the Forsaken Cave, west of Windhelm. It's quite far from the city, but I had my mind set on finding this Phial. Maybe he'll let me use it once I get it back to him.

Luckily I have markers on my map.

Once I enter, I am greeted by several Snowy Sabre Cat. They're not the typical cats you'd normally see on the plains of Skyrim. For some reason, adding an adjective hinting of snow or ice makes the animals fiercer and stronger. Maybe they're much hardened by the cold, harsh weather.

I wish I could stay and chat with you Rickard Horker but I have a phial to obtain.

Tens of draugrs later, I get to a big crypt loaded with traps. I survived them all, thankfully,  and came across this spacious tomb. It was, in fact, the resting place of Curalmil, the Legendary Alchemist. Nurelion might be right in thinking that this was the place where the White Phial could be found. Alas, as with all undead, he awoke from his coffin, and I had to take him down.

Oh a coffin! I hope nothing comes out of it THIS time.

Now, Nurelion gave me this weird mixture he was sure I was going to use in my quest to find the White Phial. I almost thought he was making a fool out of me, but lucky for him, I found a use for it. There was a bowl near Curalmil's coffin (and his now-lifeless-again body), and I thought of pouring his mixture on it. A door opened. 

Sometimes I don't know what I'm doing.

Lo and behold, the White Phial! I notice that it wasn't in a good shape. There was a large crack, and it won't stand to hold any kind of liquid at all. I deduced that it was not made from a regular material. Maybe Nurelion can fix it.

I won't get to use it today, then.

Nurelion tells me it just "matches every description of the Phial".  He was not sure of it, either, and if it's not the Phial, then all our work has gone to waste. He doesn't tell me if he can fix it or not. He takes it and gives me a few gold piece for my "trouble". I groan, but I pity the man, so I let it go. He then goes to lie down on the bed. I try to talk to him but he doesn't respond.

You can't tell me "There's no way of knowing"!

His assistant thanks me for all the help I did for his master, and he lets me browse the shop for ingredients. I have a feeling this won't be the last time I'll see the Phial. It would be a great addition to my study of alchemy. I hope to use it one day.

Safe Journeys,
Kousei.

P.S. I hope you're doing fine, and not getting into more drinking games or brawling. I know how much you like punching people in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment