Saturday, August 10, 2013

One Day in Riverwood

Dear Lady,

I was walking back to Riverwood after an errand in Whiterun when I saw you discarding what looked like an Ancient Nord Sword on the side of the road near the crossroad bridge. I thought you looked kinda familiar. I'm not sure if you remember, but I think we met in Helgen, on the chopping block. I was busy being scared of my head getting severed from my body that I barely got a look at you. When that dark Dragon attacked, I just took the chance to save my own ass. I haven't thought of you or your fate after that eventful day. Until I chanced upon someone who looked like you. 

Getting over-encumbered, huh?

I wondered what your race was. I thought you were some kind of Breton or a dark-haired Nord. But you were wearing a necromancer's robe (which you probably got from killing one), and Nords dislike magic, so you're probably a Breton. Your people and mine have had a less-than-friendly history, but that was a long time ago, and I'm willing to put that aside. I wanted to talk to you, but alas! You ran away. 

Can I have your name? Wait, don't go! Ok, this sword will do.

So I am writing this letter and sending it via courier along with this recent illumination of mine, hoping you'd recognize me. I hope you won't mind Ulfric Stormcloak in the illumination, but he insisted on trying out this new machine. I'm sure you've heard of this newly-discovered ancient Dwemer technology that could take a moment in time and freeze it onto a piece of parchment. I hope this letter gets to you right away, and won't fall into the wrong hands.

I'm the one on the left.

If you'd like, we can meet in the Sleeping Giant Inn in Riverwood and catch up on what has happened since Helgen. I don't know your name, and I'd be very interested to find out more than that. Please send a letter to let me know when you'll be around. 

Regards,
Kousei

No comments:

Post a Comment