Sunday, June 1, 2014

Wherefore Art Thou?


My dear Kiya,

The gods have not been kind to us all our lives. Only a week ago were we enjoying each other's company and loving, and now we are like enemies. It does not have to be this way, my love. You know what and for whom I fight for--this is for you, for my child, for all of Skyrim! I wish you'd understand that. But I think it is too late now. One of the survivors of the Fort Dunstad attack has described you and your abilities in combat. Ulfric does not know about us, but even if he did, he won't show any mercy towards you. For your sake, Kiya, stop this nonsense with the Imperials! I will not be able to stop the Stormcloaks if they come after you, and you will fall if they do!

One of our scouts was surveying the area around the fort at night to check for any ambush. He was able to detect some Imperial soldiers crouched behind trees and ready to charge at any moment; however, he was not able to get back to the fort in time to warn of the impending attack. He kept his quiet and watched as the Imperials crept quietly towards the sleeping Fort.

He was not able to do anything but watch as his comrades get slaughtered in their sleep. He said he heard cries and shrieks like no other from men he used to call friends, their screams cut short by the slashing of their throats and arrows piercing their necks. He said he saw something from afar, a dark silhouette or a shadowy figure, shooting arrows with extreme precision, striking Stormcloak soldiers who were striking their own comrades.

Now this was what got my attention as he recounted what he saw: he said he saw his comrades slash one another. I am sure there is magic like that, but I am pretty sure there are no magic-users in the Legion--apart from you. It might have been Illusion magic, but I know you are not proficient at it. It had to be Subterfuge, one of the damned Nightingale's abilities.

After the blood spilling was done, he saw some of our men trying to get away from the Fort. It seems as though you did not care if anyone was alive as long as you got what you wanted. Our scout intercepted the soldier running away and helped him on his way. He was struck by an arrow in the belly, and he cannot walk fast nor straight. He fell down after a few more steps, and uttered his last words to the scout: I kept killing my friends, I did not know why. I did not know what I was doing; may our comrades and the gods forgive me. And with that he cried one last tear as he left for Sovngarde. 

Nice boots.

I admit that I did send you to Solitude to get you out of the way of the Whiterun siege, but it was for your own good. I did not think it important for you to know what would happen to Whiterun then, and I kept your home and child safe from any harm. You have no reason to be doing this, Kiya. I love you with everything that I am, and I am doing all this for the greater good of Skyrim. I lied to you and I know it was painful, but know that I did it out of love for you! I brought this upon you, and I blame myself every day I think about how I lied to you! But please, my beloved, it is not too late to stop this madness! I want you by my side, not on the other side! Please, let me see you again, even if it might be the last time. I just want to know you will be safe somewhere far from the war.

All my love,
Kousei

No comments:

Post a Comment