Sunday, August 31, 2014

Walking a Lonely Road


It's been a long and lonely road from Windstad to Riften. The gods have taken pity on her child, and it is only right that I find her mother before she pines her life away. Luckily for the child, I have not yet encountered any difficulty in my travels, and the place I wanted to search first was just a few days' journey away. 

It was night, but the sun will be up soon. I approached Riften from the South slowly, multiple thoughts running inside my head. The Ragged Flagon is one place I have never been to in my stay in Skyrim. It stinks of Thieves and people who beg and rats, they say. It disgusts me that Kiya might be in that hole somewhere, drinking mead with people who have had their hands inside other people's pockets. As I think of how the rats are better than Kiya's comrades, I chanced upon a stone with a symbol on it. It looks familiar--I know I've seen it somewhere. I approached it and immediately recalled the symbol from Kiya's weapons. It seems as though this is the Nightingales' haven. I check its surroundings if there was anyone. I could smell a few people, albeit faintly, from inside the rock. No smell of Kiya anywhere, but those inside might know anything about her. I unsheathed my sword, banged it on the seemingly solid rocks, and shouted her name over and over. 

I have no idea why anyone would put this outside their secret lair.

No response. The night was as quiet as it was when it started, save for my incessant shouts and sword clanging on stone. For almost an hour I rapped and rapped on the stone walls with my sword. Still nothing. I may have wasted my time there. I should have gone on to Riften instead; they know I am here and will hide Kiya or give her an escape. 

I stayed there for the rest of the morning and got some rest. I surveyed the area for any possible escape routes, but to no avail. I went quite far, unfortunately, and it may seem that they were waiting for me to go so Kiya can sneak out. I rushed back there before night fell. If Kiya really did sneak out, I would have got wind of her scent. Nothing. No traces of anyone else ever passing by this black rock. Damn these nightingales! I have already spent my energy going around the Reach. I guess I should just stay here again. If there is any movement I will detect it. 

Noises woke me up in the night. I heard the stone walls swing open. I pounced on it, but it was closed. I heard it open! What sorcery is this? Am I imagining things now? Angry, I banged on the wall again. Her smell still evaded me, but her comrades' scents seemed to fade one by one. They've already left their haven, damn the gods! Kiya has left with them! I must rush to the Flagon; it is the best chance I had of finding her.

The fact that I was strutting around with wings hit me. I knew then it was a lost cause to go to the Flagon; they surely would have seen me walking around. I went there anyway, hoping to catch Kiya on her way out. 

Damn, this place is dirty.

Unfortunately, there was no trace of her inside this derelict place, only thieves. They eyed me warily, some of them even greedily, as I passed them by. I was greeted by someone named Dirge. He seemed... naive, to say the least. He told me he knows no one with a name of Kiya, and proceeded to tell me I should go to save myself and my valuables, lest he and his brother Maul take them away from me. I told him I remember his brother, and that his brother remembers me as well, so he should back off as well. I turned around and started walking towards the door. I could feel his knees shaking, and I could smell his fear. That ought to teach that damned thief a lesson. 

Keep talking like that, and it's MY name that'll be the last thing you hear before they put you in the ground.

Kiya has eluded me once again! Damn that woman! Doesn't she know her daughter needs her? In my anger, I had not noticed that it was already late in the afternoon and I had already climbed a mountain. I looked up, and saw a dragon facing me. An Ancient dragon. I forward-rolled to safety, and immediately summoned my spirit werewolves. They did what I wanted them to do--distract the dragon while I attack it. I realized I could not fight alone anymore. I had Kiya, and she was extremely effective that I, in turn, had become dependent on her in battle. 

Dragon vs. Dragon

It took a long time to defeat the dragon--it was already nighttime when my werewolves and I were able to take it down. I collected the bones, and realized that I needed companions. My werewolves were fortunately, albeit just barely, enough for this encounter, but if I were to find more difficult enemies I would have to be ready for them. It was the first time I considered the Conjuration school. 

I took out a spell book, read it that same night, and summoned a Storm Atronach. It merely lasted a few minutes before dissolving, but it was a start. I needed to practice some more, and I know the perfect place to go for training. I also have a hunch Kiya would be there taking refuge among the mages. I've seen her cast some spells--it's worth a shot to check.

Look at it! It's a monstrosity! I'll be needing them, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment